We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The international GSM version of Galaxy Nexus has received a new combo build that has been released using the Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) JOP24G build from the Nexus 4 system dump and the newest official Android 4.1.2 JZO54K build from the Galaxy Nexus, courtesy XDA recognised developer drewgaren.
Users who wish to install the new Combo-build ROM may take a look at the quick guide below but IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device.
- Ensure your device is rooted and has a custom recovery installed in it
- Make a backup of all your data
To install the Android 4.2 - 4.1 Combo-build on Galaxy Nexus:
- Download the Android 4.2 test build to your computer. Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Mirror 3
- Copy the downloaded file step 1 to the SD card
- Unplug the phone from the computer and turn it off completely
- Switch off the phone and boot into TWRP/CWM recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until the screen turns on. Then, scroll to the Recovery mode option via volume buttons, then choose it using the Power button to restart in recovery.
- Tap on Backup and ensure the System, Data and Boot boxes are checked. Now, slide the blue circle button at the bottom to begin the backup of your existing ROM. In the same way you may also restore the ROM if something goes wrong with the new ROM. On completing the backup go back to the main menu
- Tap on Wipe and choose Factory Reset and confirm the wiping process. Now, tap on Cache from the Wipe menu and then confirm the wipe process. Tap on Dalvik Cache and once again confirm the wipe and press the back button in order to go back to the main menu
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the DG4.2testbuild.zip file and select the file. Slide the blue circle button to begin the installation
- The Android 4.2 test build will begin to get installed. Wait until the installation completes, tap on Reboot button on the TWRP main menu and then tap on System to reboot the Galaxy Nexus
You have successfully installed the Android 4.2 test build on your Galaxy Nexus.
[Source: The Android Soul]