The LG Optimus 2X (P990) can be upgraded to Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) with a CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) custom ROM. Though, the device is old, the development team has managed to port the ROM, keeping it up to date.
Those who wish to install the ROM in Optimus 2X (P990) can check the tutorial below. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
Note: This is a nightly build, ensure that you know after installing this ROM, your device may get FC errors, boot loops and a few other bugs. Also, the device may not reboot. But you can fix this by reinstalling stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
- Make sure the ClockworkMod recovery is installed
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM
- Enable USB debugging option
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure the device is rooted
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM on LG Optimus 2X (P990):
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM and Google Apps on the computer
- Connect and mount the device on your computer with the help of USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card, while ensure the file is in the SD card root
- Switch the device off and disconnect from USB cable
- The device should enter Recovery mode (turn the device on by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons) and keep holding them until you are in the CWM recovery mode
- In CWM recovery, perform data wipe and scroll to Flash Zip from SD Card option
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to the ROM zip file and confirm the installation by tapping on Yes. The installation should begin now
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
You have now installed Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM on the Optimus 2X.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]