ClockWorkMod (CWM) Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 is now available for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3. CWM Touch Recovery can be installed only on a rooted Galaxy S3. To install CWM Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206, check the guide below. IBTimes UK cautions users it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Remember this installation is only for the Galaxy S3 i9300.
- Back-up important data
- Ensure at least 30 percent charge in device's battery
- Enable USB debugging (to do so browse to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
- Switch off all antivirus tools to avoid interruption during firmware installation process
To Install CWM Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- Switch device off and place in Download Mode (to do so, restart pressing Home and Volume Down buttons and press Power key for two seconds until you see a Warning screen. Now press Volume Up to enter Download Mode)
- Double-click Odin3_v3.04.exe to start Odin on computer and connect Galaxy S3 via USB cable
- (Note - after opening Odin, a box under ID:COM turns blue indicating required drivers have been installed, alongside another "ADDED")
- Ensure only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset" are checked in Odin
- Click on PDA tab, browse to and choose recovery-cwm-touch-18.104.22.168-i9300.tar file
- Tap Start to flash CWM (
- (Note - a progress bar appears indicating process of installation)
- After installation, "Reset" will appear and the device will reboot
The Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 now has CWM Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 installed.