The LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bearing model number GT-N7105 recently received a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update with base firmware N7105XXUEMK9.
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: 20 November, 2013
Users can install the latest stock firmware as an OTA update and through Samsung Kies server. As it is an unbranded version of the firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked GT-N7105 unit, regardless of country and region.
Those who failed to update their Galaxy Note 2 to N7105XXUEMK9 Android 4.3 using either of the official methods for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually using Odin flashing tool.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to verify their handsets meet following set of requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to connect the Android device with computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Note 2 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
8) N7105XXUEMKA Android 4.3 Jelly Bean works only with LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Note 2 by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
How to install N7105XXUEMK9 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105)
Step-1: Download N7105XXUEMK9 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 to computer. Extract the firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with some other files
Step-2: Download Odin3 v3.07 and extract it to get Odin v3.07.exe
Step-3: Switch off the Galaxy Note 2. Boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode
Step-4: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator
Step-5: Connect the phone to computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. The successful connection will be indicated by an Added message in Odin and also the one of the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, try another USB port located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the phone then reinstall USB driver.
Step-6: In Odin select the files extracted from N7105XXUEMK9 zip
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three if such files are not found.
Step-7: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin window. But ensure Re-Partition option is unchecked, select it only when .pit file is used
Step-8: Click the Start button in Odin to begin installation
Step-9: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart and soon a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the top of Odin will appear. Unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from computer
Galaxy Note 2 should now be updated with and running on N7105XXUEMK9 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Navigate to Settings>> About device to verify the new software version running on the handset.
If the Galaxy Note 2 gets stuck at booting animation or Samsung logo (after step-9) then go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together. Perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition. Now reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select any particular option. But performing wiping task will erase the device's internal memory.
[Source: Team Android]