We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM finally makes its way to a bunch of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 devices (including GT-P3100, GT-P3110 and GT-P3113). The first ROM (ParanoidAndroid) to feature the hybrid UI (user interface) experience now brings a highly customisable interface to boot.
The hybrid ROM is still under development and may feature minor bugs. One known bug is the IR blaster function not working on the P3113 model. Except for this minor hitch, the ROM reportedly delivers a smooth and seamless hybrid UI experience.
Key Points to Note
- The ParanoidAndroid ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model numbers GT-P3100, GT-P3110 and GT-P3113 only. It will not work with any other device or model. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM on their Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 device (GT-P3100, GT-P3110 or GT-P3113) is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery preinstalled on it.
- Download the correct custom ROM firmware package for your device below:
- Download the GApps package from here
- Verify that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the ParanoidAndroid ROM on your Tab 2 device.
How to Install ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
1. Copy the downloaded ParanoidAndroid ROM ZIP file to your tablet's internal SD card.
2. Power off your tablet and boot into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons together. Release the Power button when the display powers on, but keep tapping the Volume Down button until the tablet boots into Recovery.
3. Take a NANDroid Backup. Choose Recovery, select Backup and Restore and then hit Backup.
4. Click Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to confirm.
5. Choose Wipe Cache Partition and click Yes to confirm.
6. Hit Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Click Yes to confirm.
7. Tap Install ZIP from SD card and click Choose ZIP from SD Card. Now, browse and Select the ParanoidAndroid ZIP file that you copied to your tablet in step 1. Finally, click Yes to confirm.
8. Repeat step 7, but this time flash gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip.
9. Wait until Google Apps is installed and then hit Go Back. Finally, click Reboot System Now to boot up into the newly installed hybrid ROM.
ParanoidAndroid ROM is now successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100, P3110, or P3113).
[Source: Android Authority]