The Chinese jailbreak developer team, Pangu, has just rolled out its first bug-fix update for iOS 8 jailbreak, following widespread issues being reported on iOS 8 devices such as Cydia Substrate loading, iMessage picture sending and intermittent Safari crashes.
All iOS 8 jailbreak users are advised to install the new iOS 8.x untether update after disabling passcode on their jailbroken devices to prevent unexpected boot loop issues.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to install the update, courtesy of iDownloadBlog:
- Launch the Pangu app found on your Home screen
- Tap the Manager tab at the bottom of the screen
- Choose Update tab and locate the download link for Pangu 8.0-8.1 Untether update.
- Tap the Download (arrow) button to install the update.
- Once the new untether .deb file is downloaded, a message prompt suggests you to reboot your device to complete the update installation.
Here is what the Pangu team tweets about the new untether update for iOS 8 jailbreak:
About update: If you already installed MobileSubstrate and other tweaks, for some compatibility issues, this (cont) http://t.co/agqQVC0nxv
— PanguTeam (@PanguTeam) October 27, 2014
The iOS 8.x Pangu jailbreak tool has not yet been updated to include these fixes and hence it is imperative to install the jailbreak first, and then update the same later.
For further assistance with installing the new Pangu 0.2 untether update for iOS 8.x jailbreak, check out the video tutorial below: