Apple recently launched the iOS 7 Beta 1 for developer testing at the annual Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. IBTimes UK recently posted a step-by-step guide to downgrade iOS 7 Beta to more stable releases such as iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.4 in order to install custom jailbreak tweaks and apps.
Those who have already upgraded their device to iOS 7 Beta can follow our step-by-step guide to downgrade iOS 7 Beta to the latest iOS 6 versions. Conversely, those who are still undecided on upgrading have some great news.
As Redmond Pie points out, several new features found in iOS 7 are now accessible via Cydia's latest jailbreak tweaks, and hence the iOS 7 upgrade is no longer needed. In other words, the latest Cydia packages and tweaks can emulate iOS 7 on a jailbroken iOS 6 device with latest features and UI additions.
A jailbroken iOS 6 device can be transformed into iOS 7 look-alike by installing a few simple jailbreak tweaks and themes. A complete list of necessary Cydia packages and tools along with their prices and repos are given below (courtesy of Redmond Pie):
- iOS 7 Theme for iPhone: It is the icon set used in the video for incorporating iOS 7 icons to replace the boring iOS 6 stock app icons. It can be downloaded via MacCiti repo for free.
- iOS 7 Bars And Battery: It offers an identical status bar to iOS 7, including the new flatter battery icon, and dots in replacement for signal bars. It is also downloadble via MacCiti repo for free.
- BlurriedNCBackground:provides the functionality required to have a Gaussian blur effect which replaces the familiar linen NotificationCenter background. This tweak is available for free on the BigBoss repo.
- CardSwitcher: This tweak is used to replicate the iOS 7 AppSwitcher. It almost mimics the multitasking functionality found in iOS 7, and costs £1.3 ($1.99) via BigBoss repo.
- Thin Lockscreen: This theme provides a very minimalist approach to the lock screen, and looks incredibly similar to the iOS 7 lock screen. It is available via the Patrick Muff repo for free. It can be accessed by adding the source "patrickmuff.ch/repo" to your Cydia sources and the lock screen wallpaper is found here: goo.gl/SkxzY
- FolderEnhancer: This tweak is used to emulate the functionality and appearance of iOS 7 folders. It is available for £1.6 ($2.49) from the BigBoss repository.
- Auxo: This tweak replicates the functionality of Control Center within iOS 7. Though it looks a bit different, the functionality it offers is almost same and even considered better with the addition of app switching. It is priced at £1.3 ($1.99) from the BigBoss repo.
- DeepEnd: It produces a parallax effect by moving your home screen wallpaper, in sync with the accelerometer motion detection from your device. It offers a very cool 3D effect to your springboard, and is downloadable for free on Ryan Petrich's beta repo (rpetri.ch/repo).
- BytaFont + Roboto Light: These tools provide a font that precisely resembles the default font found in iOS 7. Both are available for free from Cydia.
Check out the video tutorial below, courtesy of Redmond Pie: