Isis (now known as the Islamic State) has released a haunting video that shows John Cantlie, a British hostage and former war reporter for a number of British newspapers, pledging to expose the "truth behind the Islamic State".
"Over the next few programmes, I am going to show you the truth as the Western media tries to drag the public back to the abyss of another war with the Islamic State," he says.
The former reporter for The Sunday Times, The Sun and The Sunday Telegraph speaks in an orange jumpsuit behind a table in the three-minute video entitled Lend Me Your Ears.
Cantlie, believed to be 43, says how he will broadcast a series of videos that will aim to reveal the "manipulated truths" used by the Western media.
"Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: 'He's only doing this because he's a prisoner, he's got a gun at his head and he's being forced to do this,' right?
"Well, it's true. I am a prisoner, that I cannot deny. But seeing as I've been abandoned by my government and my fate now lies in the hands of the Islamic State I have nothing to lose.
"Over the next few programmes I'm going to show you the truth as the Western media tries to drag the public back to the abyss of another war with the Islamic State," he continues.
"After two disastrous and hugely unpopular wars in Afghanistan and Iraq why is it that our governments appear so keen to get involved in yet another unwinnable conflict?"
"I'm going to show you the truth behind the systems and motivation of the Islamic State, and how the Western media - the very organisation I used to work for - can twist and manipulate that truth for the public back home. There are two sides to every story - think you're getting the whole picture?
"And I'll show you the truth behind what happened when many European citizens were imprisoned and later released by the Islamic State, and how the British and American governments thought they could do it differently to every other European country.
"They negotiated with the Islamic State and got their people home, while the British and Americans were left behind."
"It's very alarming to see where this is all headed and it looks like history repeating itself, yet again. There is time to change this seemingly inevitable sequence of events, but only if you, the public act now.
"Join me for the next few programmes, and I think you may be surprised at what you learn," he concludes.
It is believed that Cantlie is making the remarks in the video under duress.
Cantlie's whereabouts are currently unknown but it is likely he is being held in Syria where other hostages James Foley, Steven Sotloff and David Haines were murdered in IS's de-facto capital of Raqqa.
Cantlie wrote eyewitness dispatches from Syria for the Sunday Telegraph, detailing the conflict between Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the rebels fighting to overthrow his regime.
He was previously kidnapped in Syria in 2012 with Dutch photojournalist Jeroen Oerlemans by a group of 40 extremists before being liberated by the Free Syrian Army.
The latest hostage video comes as US President Barack Obama forms an international coalition to fight against the terror group. The US has already conducted airstrikes on IS positions in Iraq but Obama is now prepared to launch strikes in Syria without the consent of the Assad regime.