James McCarthy has insisted he is happy at Everton amid speculation Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing the midfielder.
McCarthy enjoyed a successful first season at Goodison after moving to the Toffees from Wigan in a £13m deal last summer.
The 23-year-old formed an impressive partnership with former England international Gareth Barry as manager Roberto Martinez steered the club to its highest ever Premier League points tally of 72.
Combative performances alerted the likes of United and Spurs to the Scotland international as both sides look to add steel to their midfields.
But McCarthy has said he is happy at Everton and hopes he and midfield partner Barry, who has joined the club on a permanent basis after last season's loan spell from Manchester City, can continue where they left off last campaign.
"I'm enjoying life here. I feel part of the family. It's a real family club and it's great to be involved in. It's been a year since I came but it feels a lot longer than that," McCarthy told the Liverpool Echo.
The former Wigan player continued by describing "Barry's transfer as "a massive signing. Me and Gaz loved playing in the middle of the park last season. He was brilliant to work with and I'm excited he's stayed. He's an experienced head and talks away to you both on and off the pitch."
Spurs had been interested in taking McCarthy to White Hart Lane but missed out to Everton, who at the time made him the second most expensive signing in the club's history.
McCarthy will have added competition for his position after Martinez bought 21-year-old Muhamed Besic from Ferencvaros for £4m.
The Bosnia international made his Everton debut in Leon Osman's testimonial on Saturday against Porto and was praised by Martinez for the way he had settled at the club.
"He has looked like a player who has been at Everton for three years," the Spaniard said.