Jaymin Abdulrahman has pleaded not guilty to the charge of attempted murder after being accused of throwing her 10-day-old baby down a rubbish chute.
Police were called to a flat in Wolverhampton following reports of a missing child. They discovered the baby in a refuse collection, having fallen 50ft down the chute.
The baby suffered from "very serious injures". She was taken to Birmingham Children's Hospital where she was in a critical condition.
During the hearing at Wolverhampton Crown Court, Abdulrahman also denied the charge of perverting the course of justice. She had told West Midlands Police that the baby had been abducted.
Judge John Warner remanded the accused in custody and she will next appear at court for a directions hearing. The trial has provisionally been set for 5 June at Birmingham Crown Court.
Abdulrahman first appeared at Wolverhampton Crown Court on 13 September when the charges against her were read. She was refused bail and remanded in custody.
West Midlands Crown Prosecution Service authorised the police to charge Abdulrahman on 12 September, three days after the incident took place.
Hayley Firman, head of the West Midlands CPS Public Protection Unit, said: "On Sunday 8 September 2012, a child was found outside a block of flats in Whitmore Reans, Wolverhampton with serious head injuries and was taken to Birmingham Children's Hospital. A detailed investigation was carried out by the police and a file was forwarded to me.
"Having had an opportunity to examine all of the evidence and in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, I am satisfied there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and it is in the public interest to charge Jaymin Abdulrahman with the attempted murder of her 10 day-old daughter."
A 32-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of assisting Abdulrahman. He remains on police bail pending further investigations.