LG Optimus Black (P970) users can now taste the latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) in their device with the help of Android 4.2.1 CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) Nightly ROM.
Those who wish to install the ROM in Optimus Black (P970) can check this tutorial below. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
Firmware details: Since this is a nightly build, the device can get FC errors, boot loops and some other bugs. This can be fixed by reinstalling the stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
- Make sure the ClockworkMod recovery is installed
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM
- Enable USB debugging option
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure the device is rooted
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM on LG Optimus Black:
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM and Google Apps on the computer
- Connect and mount the Optimus Black on computer with the help of USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card, while ensure the file is in the SD card root
- Switch the device off and disconnect from USB cable
- The device should enter Recovery mode. Turn the device on and wait until the LED lights begin to flash. Now, press the G-button repeatedly until the device enters the CWM recovery mode
- In CWM recovery, perform data wipe and scroll to Flash Zip from SD Card option
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to the ROM zip file and confirm the installation by tapping on Yes. The installation should begin now
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
Congrats... the Optimus Black should now be running Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly firmware.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]