The LG Optimus One P500 can now be updated to the new Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) firmware using the custom ROM P-MIUI. This is a modified version of the original MIUI ROM. By updating to the firmware, users will enjoy a uniquely customised interface.
P-MIUI ROM features Jelly Bean transition, LG 2.0 keyboard, 4-ways reboot in Home screen, YouTube 4.1.7 mod and Google Apps package. Those interested in installing this ROM may follow this tutorial. However, IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage caused to the device during installation.
To install Android 2.3.7 based P-MIUI ROM on LG Optimus One:
- Connect the device to PC and copy downloaded files to the SD card
- Unplug the device and turn the device off
- Boot into recovery mode ( you can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together)
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM(to do so, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and then go to main recovery menu)
- Perform data wipe (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Yes to confirm the action) and wait until data wipe is completed
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, browse to the MIUI ROM and select it by pressing Power key. Confirm installation by tapping Yes. ROM will begin installing
- Repeat this step but this time select kernek_2.6.35_roq-85.zip to install kernel
- Go back to main recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into ROM
- Reboot the device once again
Your LG Optimus One should now be running the Gingerbread based custom ROM P-MIUI.
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot into recovery, choose Backup and Restore and then restore the ROM by choosing it from the list.
[Source: Android Jinn]