Damien Comolli
Liverpool's new director of football strategy Comolli takes his seat before their Europa League match against Napoli at Anfield in Liverpool.

Damien Comolli, Liverpool's director of football, has revealed the club are not expecting a major influx of new players over the summer, despite reports linking the Reds with a host of big name players around Europe.

Manager Kenny Dalglish has spent over £100m in the last 13 months, bringing in nine new players but Comolli insists the club are unlikely to spend big when the transfer window reopens at the end of the season.

Earlier this week, Comolli said that a number of players were already talking to the club about moving to Liverpool in the summer but the Frenchman appeared to refute those suggestions on Friday.

''It is early days. We [Liverpool] will probably make some adjustments in the summer but nothing that we've done before,'' Comolli is quoted in the Telegraph.

''We signed nine players since Kenny came back so there will be a few adjustments but nothing massive.

''We have done the hard work and now it is a question of making some adjustments in certain positions.

''Kenny has said it several times that we have a very competitive squad and all positions are covered by two or three players, quality players, and we have a lot of young players coming through as well.''

Meanwhile, in the wake of last Sunday's Carling Cup triumph, Liverpool will look to bolster their Champions League credentials on Saturday, with fourth-placed Arsenal travelling to Anfield.

Arsene Wenger's side arrive on Merseyside on the back of their spectacular 5-2 win over Tottenham last weekend and are currently in pole position for the final Champions League place.

''We have a massive game against Arsenal at the weekend,'' Comolli added.

''The next priority is to win the next game. When you see the results at the weekend with Arsenal beating Spurs we definitely need to win on Saturday.''