Those who pre-ordered the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL flagship smartphone in the first round would receive their devices soon as the technology giant has started shipping the device in the US. Prospective buyers, who ordered the handset in the second batch would receive the smartphone after 11 December.
According to WMPowerUser, the Lumia 950 XL units pre-ordered in the first round would receive the gadget soon as deliveries began on 25 November, while the delivery date for the next batch of phones has been postponed to 11 December.
Potential customers can still order the Lumia 950 XL on Microsoft's official store online. The company is not charging any additional amount to ship the device.
The device has been listed at $649 (£430) on the official store online. Key technical specifications of the smartphone are as follows:
- 5.7in WQHD display enclosed within Gorilla Glass 4
- Windows 10 Mobile operating system
- 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 2 GHz Cortex-A57 CPUs within a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC
- 20 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 200 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 3,340 mAh Lithium-Ion battery which is claimed to offer up to 19 hours talktime on 3G