While the "Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut" free DLC is due only later this summer, fans are eagerly awaiting a fix to the less controversial Shepard face import bug from "Mass Effect 1" (ME1) and "Mass Effect 2" (ME2) to "Mass Effect 3" (ME3). The latest installment of the video game trilogy has been found to have a bug with missing custom profile data that allows users to import character features from ME1 and ME2.
The third instalment of the game has reportedly failed to create a face code that would allow the gamers enjoy the entire ME2 experience with a familiar face.
"A new patch coming next week that will fix a few issues with the game with the first being a fix for issues when in some cases Shepard's customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3," writes BioWare concerning the issues being fixed with the new patch, according to The Verge.
The patch is expected to be released for the PC on 9 April, while Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers will get it on the next day - 10 April. The other minor fixes address crashes to unresponsive states to debug text displayed on screen. The entire list of supported fixes is given below:
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard's customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only)
Meanwhile, there is more good news for ME3 fans, as BioWare has announced the game will get a new multiplayer DLC called "Resurgence". The DLC will port new characters (including an Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard, Geth Infiltrator and Engineer, and Batarian Soldier and Sentinel), new maps (Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra) and new weapons (the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun, and Geth Plasma SMG).
Expect the "Resurgence" pack hit all three gaming platforms on 10 April and BioWare seems to be making more than one compromise to apologise to its fans by offering both the single-player and multiplayer DLC's for free, absolutely. There is also a 15-second video depicting what's new on the multiplayer DLC.
Watch this cool little video spilling the tidbits on the multiplayer DLC: