The game's insipid ending and gay character subplot controversies aside, there is some great news for action RPG fans and Mass Effect aficionados alike. The Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack hit the stands on 10 April across all three gaming platforms - Xbox 360, PS3 and the PC, both in the US and across the world. The UK, however, will see the pack only on 11 April, according to BioWare. Finally, as promised, BioWare is offering free download access to both the single-player DLC From Ashes and multiplayer DLC Resurgence Pack.
In addition, the new multiplayer DLC adds six new classes, two new maps and three new weapons.
Be warned though, there are spoilers ahead revealing location and in-game details.
Six Ultra-Powerful Unlockable Characters
Asari Justicar Adept
- Asari are fierce and graceful warriors. They are incredibly powerful natural biotics and excel at hit-and-run tactics that ruthlessly eliminate their opponents from the battlefield.
Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard
- Krogan Vanguards are a brutish specimen. These fully mature Krogans might be old and slow but their biotic charge ability makes up for it. Their heavy shields and ability in close combat makes them a menace on the battlefield.
- Geth Infiltrators converge quickly on a target while remaining undetected. Their unique perception systems give them an unsurpassed understanding of the battlefield.
- Geth Engineers are elite support specialists. Their unique perception systems give Geth Engineers an unsurpassed understanding of the battlefield.
Batarian Soldier & Sentinel
- Batarians are large brawlers that use nets and spiked weapons to capture targets... or to bleed them dry on the battlefield. If an opponent gets too close, a Batarian bludgeons them with spiked armor and enforcement gauntlets.
Two New Action-Packed Maps
Extend your multiplayer campaign to Firebase Condor, a warzone outpost placed on one of Palaven's moons and Firebase Hydra, an old abandoned Quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility. Each map presents unique challenges and benefits, forming a crucial asset in your epic battle against the Reapers.
#1 Firebase Condor - A warzone outpost located on one of Palaven's moons, Firebase Condor is a crucial asset in the defence of the Turian home-world, providing the beleaguered Turian fleet with a respite to refuel and repair. Its loss could grant the Reapers unparalleled access to the Inner Council Theatre.
#2 Firebase Hydra - Firebase Hydra is located in an old abandoned Quarian colony which humans took over when they originally settled the world of Ontarom. It has since been converted into a massive dam facility which powers the communications hub located at Firebase Dagger and the kinetic barrier which protects it. Without this critical power source, Systems Alliance communications within the entire theatre would go dark.
Lethal New Weapons
Obliterate waves of enemies by unlocking Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG.
- Striker Assault Rifle - Krogan rifle with explosive rounds. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
- Kishock Harpoon Gun - Deadly one-shot batarian weapon. Causes bleed-out or disruption of target.
- Geth Plasma SMG - Fully-automatic geth submachine gun. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
Cash in your credits enable you to purchase reinforcement packs including the following new consumables:
- Strength Enhancer - Applies a melee damage boost for one mission.
- Targeting VI - Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission.
- Stabilization Module - Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission.
- Shield Power Cells - Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission
The Resurgence Pack is available on 10 April for Xbox 360 and PC worldwide. For PlayStation 3 owners the pack will be available on 10 April in North America, however for Europe it will be available on 11 April.
Watch the cool video of Resurgence Pack Multiplayer DLC