Microsoft is all set to take its popular Age of Empires gaming franchise to the Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone and the Windows 8.1 desktop platforms, in the form of a touch-customised version of the game called the Age of Empires: Castle Siege.
Age of Empires: Castle Siege touch version is set to be officially launched in September this year, and will be available within the company's Windows and Windows Phone app repositories.
Users of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 should be able to download the latest game from September.
Users will seemingly have to pay for in-app purchases that multiple enhancement and game boosters.
New aspects in Age of Empires: Castle Siege
- Empire-Building on the go
- Recruit The Greatest Heroes
- Cross-platform play only on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Forge alliances with Xbox friends
- Customized functionality for touchscreens
- Recreate Famous Historical Battles
- Multiple civilizations to choose from
Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 users are advised to compulsorily connect to a Wi-Fi network, to download the latest instalment in the Age of Empires series.
On Windows Phone 8.1 smartphones, the game requires users to have an internal storage area of 168MB, to download the necessary files.
Check out the video below, for a knowhow about Age of Empires: Castle Siege