Motorola is rolling out a new software update for the second generation Moto 360 and Moto 360 Sports. This release of Android Wear featuring build version MWD49B, brings important security and stability improvements to the smartwatches.
After installing the new Android Wear update you should notice the following changes;
- Moto Body now takes heart rate into account when calculating calories burned.
- Heart rate measures in Moto Body are now continuously updated. You don't need to tap to re-scan while you are in the app.
- Includes the updates of Android monthly security bulletin until May 1st 2016
- Includes changes that fix bugs and improve stability.
How to update Moto 360 with the Android Wear
If you have received the notification for this update do the following;
- Swipe left in the System update screen
- Ouch Open
- Select Yes under Ready to install
- Once the software is installed, the smartwatch will restart automatically
- Now you should see the update MWD49B running on your smartwatch
As usual, Motorola is rolling out the new software in phases to Moto 360 owners. You should receive notification for the update once it is available in your region. To install the update, your watch must be connected to a phone which is connected to the internet and you should have more than 50% battery life on your watch. Also note that once you update your watch with the latest version, you cannot downgrade to a previous software.