Championship leader and Honda rider Marc Marquez was fastest during the practice session to take the lead in the qualifying for the Aragon MotoGP Grand Prix on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live
Live coverage of qualifying for the Aragon MotoGP Grand Prix starts at 11:30am BST on BBC Red Button and BBC Two. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Defending champion Jorge Lorenzo won the last two races in Misano and Silverstone and continued his recent form in the early part of the practice session. The 26-year-old Yamaha rider clocked 1:49.753 during Free Practice 1 while Marquez was second with 0.08sec behind his compatriot.
However, Marquez fought back to take the lead during Free Practice 2, clocking 1:48.987 while the reigning champion was fourth with a time of 1:49.405. LCR rider Stefan Bradl was second with 0.132sec behind the Honda rider.
Marquez's team-mate and Honda rider Dani Pedrosa was third while Britain star and Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow will start the Saturday's qualifying for the Aragon Grand Prix from the sixth spot.
With five races remaining in the season, Lorenzo will be looking to be the fastest during the qualifying to take the pole for Sunday's race. He will be looking to make it three wins in a row to keep his hope of retaining the MotoGP championship alive. The Yamaha rider is second on the leader board with 219 points, trailing championship leader Marquez by 34 points.
Top 10 MotoGP Free Practice 2 Times from MotorLand Aragon:
1. Marc Marquez (Spa) Repsol Honda 1:48.987
2. Stefan Bradl (Ger) LCR Honda 1:49.119
3. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Repsol Honda 1:49.254
4. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 1:49.405
5. Alvaro Bautista (Spa) Gresini Honda 1:49.763
6. Cal Crutchlow (GB) Tech 3 Yamaha 1:49.840
7. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1:49.909
8. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1:50.034
9. Aleix Espargaro (Spa) Aspar ART 1:50.055
10. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 1:50.446