2012 Moto2 champion and Honda rider Marc Marquez took pole position for Sunday's Grand Prix of the Americas. The 20-year-old produced a spectacular performance in the qualifiers in Austin to become the youngest rider to earn a MotoGP pole position, in only his second outing in the premier class.
Marquez, who finished third behind Yamaha duo Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi in the season-opener in Qatar two weeks ago, qualified ahead of compatriot and team mate Dani Pedrosa. Marquez looks well on course to become the youngest-ever winner in MotoGP as the Repsol Honda team appear to have a race between them for the top spots at the inaugural Texas race.
Where to Watch Live
The race starts at 8pm BST, with BBC Three providing live coverage in the UK.
Marquez, who has been topping the timesheets in practice ever since he arrived in Texas, dominated proceedings once again in the qualifying sessions on Saturday.
The Spaniard clocked a time of 2:03.021 in the QP2 session (part of MotoGP's new qualifying regulations) to place himself ahead of compatriots Pedrosa and Lorenzo. Pedrosa posted a time of 2:03.275 to come second, while defending world champion Lorenzo was third with a time of 2:04.100.
British star and Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow will start on the second row, after finishing fourth ahead of LCR's Stefan Bradl and Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso. Yamaha returnee and nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi was eighth and GB's Bradley Smith 11th.
Also in the top 10 are Gresini's Alvaro Bautista, Aspar's Aleix Espargaro and Ducati's Nicky Hayden.
Grand Prix of the Americas Qualification Results
1. Marc Marquez (Spain) Repsol Honda Team 2:03.021
2. Dani Pedrosa (Spain) Repsol Honda Team 2:03.275
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Spain) Yamaha Factory Racing 2:04.100
4. Cal Crutchlow (Britain) Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2:04.267
5. Stefan Bradl (Germany) LCR Honda MotoGP 2:04.445
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Italy) Ducati Team 2:04.873
7. Alvaro Bautista (Spain) Honda Gresini 2:04.942
8. Valentino Rossi (Italy) Yamaha Factory Racing 2:05.380
9. Aleix Espargaro (Spain) Power Electronics Aspar 2:05.389
10. Nicky Hayden (U.S.) Ducati Team 2:05.568