Defending champions and Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest during Friday's second practice session and will lead the qualifying of the 2013 Australian MotoGP Grand Prix at Phillip Island.
Where to Watch Live
Live coverage of qualifying for the Australian MotoGP Grand Prix starts at 3:30am BST on BBC Red Button. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Friday Practice Review
Lorenzo dominated the first day at Phillip Island as the Spaniard was fastest during Free Practice 1 and Free Practice 2 after clocking 1:29.167 and 1:28.961 respectively. Championship leader Marc Marquez was behind the defending champion in the second spot after the first practice session of the day.
However, the Honda rider crashed during Free Practice 2 and will start the Saturday's qualifying of the Australian Grand Prix from sixth place. The 20-year-old Spaniard was unhurt and returned to circuit in just less than half hour.
Gresini rider Alvaro Bautista was second after clocking 1:29.438 while Marquez's compatriot and Honda teammate Dani Perdosa will start the qualifying from the third spot. Britain's Cal Crutchlow was fifth after the Tech 3 rider was 0.706s behind Lorenzo.
Top 10 MotoGP Free Practice 2 Times from Phillip Island:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:28.961s
2. Alvaro Bautista (ESP) Gresini 1:29.438s
3. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 1:29.478s
4. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:29.537s
5. Cal Crutchlow (GBR ) Tech 3 1:29.667s
6. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:29.989s
7. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:30.165s
8. Randy De Puniet (FRA) Aspar 1:30.215s
9. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 1:30.609s
10. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:30.754s