Defending champion and Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest during the qualifying and took pole for Sunday's race of the 2013 Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island.
Where to Watch Live
The Australian MotoGP Grand Prix race is scheduled to start at 5:30am BST. Live coverage is on BBC Two. Real-time internet updates are available on the sport's official website.
Lorenzo recorded the fastest lap at Phillip Island as the Spaniard clocked a time of 1:27.899 during the qualifying. Championship leader and Honda racer Marc Marquez was 0.221s behind his compatriot and will start Sunday's race from second place.
The 20-year-old Honda rider needs eight more points than Lorenzo to clinch his first MotoGP Championship title in his debut season. Valentino Rossi was the third fastest during Saturday's qualifying of the Australian Grand Prix and the Italian, along with Lorenzo and Marquez lock horns for the front row.
Marquez's Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa was fifth while Britain star and Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow will start the race from sixth spot after clocking 1:28.809. Bradley Smith is one place behind him in eight while Nicky Hayden managed to finish in top 10.
Top 10 Qualifying Times from Phillip Island:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:27.899
2. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:28.120
3. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:28.647
4. Alvaro Bautista (ESP) Gresini 1:28.713
5. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 1:28.748
6. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Tech 3 1:28.809
7. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:28.941
8. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 1:29.295
9. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:29.660
10. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Pramac 1:29.756