Yamaha rider and defending champion Jorge Lorenzo dominated Friday practice sessions during the 2013 British Grand Prix at Silverstone. The Spaniard was fastest in Free Practice 2, clocking 2:02.734 and finished second to Honda rider Marc Marquez in Free Practice 1.
Where to Watch Live
Live coverage of qualifying for the British MotoGP Grand Prix starts at 12.20pm BST on BBC Red Button. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Friday Practice Review
Lorenzo has seen his form drop in the last few races; he has not won in five. This has seen Marquez take the lead in the championship fight. He has 213 points and is followed by team-mate and compatriot Dani Pedrosa, who is on 187 points.
The defending champion trails Marquez and Pedrosa, the former by 44 points. There are six races left in the 2013 calendar and Lorenzo will be aware he needs to find his top form fast or risk losing his championship title.
Marquez will start second for Saturday's qualifier, after losing top spot by 0.224s. He is followed by Pedrosa, who managed to finish third during Friday's practice session. Britain's Tech 3 riders failed to impress in front of home fans, with Cal Crutchlow and Bradley Smith finishing sixth and eighth respectively. Yamaha's Valentino Rossi was fifth and Gresini rider Alvaro Bautista was fourth.
Top 10 MotoGP Free Practice 2 Times from Silverstone:
- Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 2:02.734
- Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) 2:02.958
- Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) 2:03.192
- Alvaro Bautista (Gresini Honda) 2:03.463
- Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 2:03.480
- Cal Crutchlow (Tech 3 Yamaha) 2:03.505
- Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati) 2:03.658
- Bradley Smith (Tech 3 Yamaha) 2:03.750
- Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda) 2:03.784
- Nicky Hayden (Ducati) 2:04.089