Honda rider and defending champion Marc Marquez took pole for the 2014 Qatar Grand Prix as he was the fastest during the qualifying at the Losail International Circuit on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live
Live coverage of the race for the Qatar MotoGP Grand Prix starts at 6:45pm GMT on BT Sports 2. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Marquez recorded the fastest time during the qualifying, clocking a time of 1:54.507s. The 21-year-old was successful in knocking his compatriot and Gresini rider Alvaro Bautista for pole of the 2014 Qatar Grand Prix.
The Spaniard will start Sunday's race from the second spot as he was 0.057s behind reigning champion Marquez. Forward's Aleix Espargaro who was impressive during free practice sessions on Thursday and Friday crashed in Saturday's qualifying, forcing him to use a spare bike.
Espargaro will start the Qatar Grand Prix from the ninth place. Tech 3 rider Bradley Smith, along with Bautista and Maruqez lock horns as they made the top three during Saturday's session.
Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo was fifth with a time of 1:54.661 while Honda rider Dani Pedrosa will start Sunday's race from the sixth spot. Britain's star Cal Crutchlow will start his first race with Ducati from the eightth place.
Top 10 MotoGP Qualifying Times from Losail International Circuit:
1. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:54.507s
2. Alvaro Bautista (ESP) Gresini 1:54.564s
3. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:54.601s:
4. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:54.644s
5. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:54.661s
6. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 1:54.703s
7. Stefan Bradl (GER) LCR 1:54.871s
8. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Ducati 1:54.888s
9. Aleix Espargaro (ESP) Forward 1:54.986s
10. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:55.096s