Honda rider Marc Marquez was the fastest during Free Practice 2 of the 2015 Australian Moto Grand Prix on Friday, 16 October. The Spaniard will be looking to finish the qualifying session on top at Phillip Island on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live
The third practice session starts at 12.55am BST. Live coverage of the qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix starts at 5.10am BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Marquez was behind Jorge Lorenzo in the first practice session on Friday. The Yamaha rider clocked a time of 1:30.047s in FP1 and was 0.348s ahead of the defending champion. However, the Honda star rider bounced back in the final session as be beat his compatriot to take the top spot in FP2 with a time of 1:29.383s.
Lorenzo was 0.050s behind Marquez to end the practice session on a high. His teammate Valentino Rossi was third in Free Practice 1, but ended in the ninth spot in the second practice session.
Suzuki rider Maverick Viñales clocked a time of 1:29.518s and was the third fastest in FP2. Ducati's Andrea Iannone was fourth, while the fifth spot went to LCR rider Cal cruthclow. Marquez's Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa was sixth with a time of 1:29.876s.
Top 10 qualifying result from Phillip Island:
1. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:29.383s
2. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:29.433s
3. Maverick Viñales (ESP) Suzuki 1:29.518s
4. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati 1:29.544s
5. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR 1:9.579s
6. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 1:29.876s
7. Danilo Petrucci (ITA) Pramac 1:30.021s
8. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:30.032s
9. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:30.041s
10. Aleix Espargaro (ESP) Suzuki 1:30.113s