Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo managed to beat defending champion and Honda rider Marc Marquez in the second practice session of the 2015 British Grand Prix on Friday, 28 August.
Where to Watch Live
The third practice session starts at 9.55am BST. Live coverage of the qualifying for the British Grand Prix starts at 2.35pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Marquez was the fastest in Free Practice 1 as he clocked a time of 2:03.111s. However, he was 0.033s behind the championship leader as he had to settle for the second spot in the Free Practice 2.
Britain star and Tech 3 rider Bradley Smith was third after clocking a time of 2:02.531s. Meanwhile, Marquez's Honda teammate Dani Pedro was fourth, ahead of fifth place Andrea Dovizioso.
Valentino Rossi needs to step up if he needs to give a fight to his teammate Lorenzo as the Italian was the 10th fastest in the second practice session at Silverstone. He will be disappointed with his performance in the later session on Friday as he finished third in Free Practice 1.
Top 10 Qualifying Result from Silverstone:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 2:02.338s
2. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 2:02.371s
3. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 2:02.531s
4. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 2:02.573s
5. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 2:02.761s
6. Aleix Espargaro (ESP) Suzuki 2:02.872s
7. Pol Espargaro (ESP) Tech 3 2:02.972s
8. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati 2:03.219s
9. Scott Redding (GBR) Estrella Galicia 2:03.284s
10. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 2:03.327s