Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest during the 2015 Japanese Grand Prix on Friday 9 October. The Spaniard will be hoping to replicate his Free Practice 2 form in qualifying at Twin Ring Motegi on Saturday.
Where to watch live
The third practice session starts at 1.55am BST. Live coverage of the qualifying for the British Grand Prix starts at 6.10pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Lorenzo was the fastest in both Free Practice 1 and Free Practice 2. The Yamaha rider clocked a time of 1:45.432 in the first session and improved his own time in the second session, achieving 1:44.731.
Honda rider Dani Pedrosa was 0.128s behind his compatriot in Free Practice 2 in second place. Ducati's Andrea Iannone was third while his teammate Andrea Dovizioso was fourth.
Tech 3 star Bradley Smith finished the Friday's session of the Japanese Grand Prix in fifth spot. Things did not go as expected for defending champion Marc Marquez and championship leader Valentino Rossi. They finished in seventh and eighth spot respectively.
Rossi will be looking to bounce back in the qualifying session on Saturday. The Italian tops the leaderboard, 14 points ahead of his teammate Lorenzo. He needs to bounce back in the qualifying in order to make sure he does not lose the top spot.
Top 10 qualifying result from Twin Ring Motegi:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:44.731s
2. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 1:44.859s
3. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati 1:45.043s
4. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:45.059s
5. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:45.250s
6. Aleix Espargaro (ESP) Suzuki 1:45.348s
7. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:45.492s
8. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:45.554s
9. Pol Espargaro (ESP) Tech 3 1:45.597s
10. Hector Barbera (ESP) Avintia 1:45.645s