- Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo is the 2015 MotoGP World Champion
- Valentino Rossi finishes in fourth place
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa finish in second and third place respectively
That's it from us. Lorenzo managed to beat Rossi for the championship. Hope you enjoyed our live coverage of the 2015 Valencia Grand Prix. Good bye for now. For more news and updates, visit. www.ibtimes.co.uk/sports.
Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo clinched his fifth World Championship after winning Sunday's race. You can click here to read the report of the 2015 Valencia Grand Prix.
"The rear tyre was destroyed. I didn't see anything in the last laps. I tried to focus and keep my concentration. Now I am 5 times world champion. We make an unbelievable job, Yamaha has made an unbelievable bike and I'm very proud."
Full Race Results of 2015 Valencia Grand Prix:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 45:59.364s
2. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 45:59.627s
3. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 46:0.018s
4. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 46:19.153s
5. Pol Espargaro (ESP) Tech 3 46:25.368s
6. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 46:28.199s
7. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 46:28.250s
8. Aleix Espargaro (ESP) Suzuki 46:33.586s
9. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR 46:35.288s
10. Danilo Petrucci (ITA) Pramac 46:38.943s
11. Maverick Viñales (ESP) Suzuki 46:39.110s
12. Michele Pirro (ITA) Ducati 46:46.417s
13. Yonny Hernandez (COL) Pramac 46:53.445s
14. Alvaro Bautista (ESP) Aprilia 46:56.010s
15. Scott Redding (GBR) Estrella 46:56.642s
16. Hector Barbera (ESP) Avintia 46:56.727s
17. Nicky Hayden (USA) Aspar 46:58.106s
18. Stefan Bradl (GER) Aprilia 46:58.450s
19. Loris Baz (FRA) Forward 47:3.703s
20. Toni Elias (ESP) Forward 47:3.777s
21. Jack Miller (AUS) LCR 47:4.576s
22. Anthony West (AUS) AB Motoracing 47:26.645s
There it is...!!!
Jorge was strong and I was riding over the limit. When Dani pulled up I was struggling a lot in the last laps. I was saving an attack for the last 2 laps but when Dani overtake me I lose time. I tried in the last corner, there was no grip and I nearly lose the front. It wasn't the best end to the season but next year we will try to be stronger.
"I lose time at the beginning. I tried to get closer in the middle of the race but I couldn't match the correct rhythm. Then I decide to save the tyre and go at the end. I knew I had some extra and I was pushing, enjoying a lot. I tried the pass but ran wide but in the end I made a mistake with the gears in one corner. I'm happy anyway, I finished 4th overall after all the problems I've had this year. I'm happy."
Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo is the 2015 MotoGP World Champion.
Lap 30/30: Final lap and Lorenzo has one hand on the title. Marquez and Pedrosa are behind him, with the latter breathing down Marquez's neck. Lorenzo is still leading and Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo is the 2015 MotoGP World Champion.
Lap 29/30: Pedrosa came close to overtaking Marquez after he was 2.5s behind him. Lorenzo and Marquez are very closer and Pedrosa overtook him, only for Marquez to regain his position. Lorenzo is still in the front.
Lap 28/30: The pressure is mounting on Lorenzo as both Marquez and Pedrosa are closing in on the Yamaha rider. Rossi is in fourth place.
Lap 27/30: Pedrosa is pushing for the second place as Marquez is hoping to beat Lorenzo for the front spot. 3 laps to go and still no changes in the front row.
Last 4 Laps...!!!
Lap 26/30: Lorenzo is leading the race with Marquez right behind him. He is very close to overtaking him. Pedrosa is third and Rossi is way behind in the fourth place.
Lap 25/30: Pedrosa is 4/10th of a second faster than Marquez and is trying to close in on his teammate. Marquez, meanwhile is looking to beat Lorenzo. Is there a final twist as he head into the final 5 Laps.
Lap 24/30: Marc Marquez swamps again as he looks to overtake Lorenzo. He is still in the second place, while Lorenzo is ahead of him. Pedrosa is in the sight and is closing on his teammate.
Lap 23/30: Pedrosa was quicker than Marquez and Lorenzo in the last lap, but it will not given any headache for the two riders ahead of him. Marquez is hoping to beat Lorenzo to take the lead, but Lorenzo has managed to hold his front place.