A new firmware update with build number N7100XXUFNG4 is now available for download on the international version of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100). This is not the latest KitKat but based on older Android version 4.4.2.
The stock update is now seeding in a number of Asian countries via OTA and Samsung Kies server. Also, users having an unlocked GT-N7100 unit can install the update as the N7100XXUFNG4 build is an unbranded version of firmware.
Model name: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 30 July
Product code: THL
Those who are currently looking for a manual installation method to flash N7100XXUFNG4 Android 4.4.2 on their Galaxy Note 2 may follow our step-by-step guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before following the installation guide, users are advised to verify their devices meet the requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP installed then back up data using the recovery.
- If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of stock firmware.
- N7100XXUFNG4 Android 4.4 2 KitKat works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Note 2 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install N7100XXUFNG4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file
Step-2: Extract Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.09.exe
Step-3: Switch off the Note 2
Step-4: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have already installed all the USB drivers for Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odin on computer as an administrator
Step-6: Connect the Note 2 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected one of the ID: COM boxes in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the .tar.md5 file extracted earlier (step-1)
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option
Step-9: Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process. This should take a few minutes
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. After the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
N7100XXUFNG4 stock build with Android 4.4.2 update should now be installed on the phone. Go to Settings>> About phone to confirm the new firmware version.