The LTE variant of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) has now received a new stock firmware update with build number N9005XXUGNG1, based on Android 4.4.2. The update is currently seeding in Italy and Nordic countries. Like always, the new firmware brings stability improvement along with other security updates.
Model name: Galaxy Note 3 LTE
Country: Nordic countries
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: 28 July
Product Code: NEE
The firmware should be available via OTA and through the Samsung Kies server. Those who failed to get the update notification for being region specific may follow our guide below for manual installation.
As N9005XXUGNG1 build is an unbranded version of firmware it can be installed on any unlocked SM-N9005 unit.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before flashing the stock firmware users are advised to verify their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then back up data using the same.
4) If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S5 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) N9005XXUGNG1 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware works only with the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy Note 3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install N9005XXUGNG1 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Switch off the Galaxy Note 3
Step-4: Place the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have installed USB Drivers installed on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odin as Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
N9005XXUGNG1 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware should now be installed on the Galaxy Note 3 LTE model. Go to Settings>> About phone to check the new software version.