Nani is planning on impressing this season.

Manchester United winger Nani has dismissed suggestions his future lies away from the club by laying down a plan of action ahead of the new season.

Monaco sporting director Vadim Vasilyev claimed earlier this week that the Portuguese winger had been offered to the club in the summer transfer window sparking fears over his Old Trafford future.

Nani has missed the majority of United's pre-season schedule with a broken nose but returned to action with a double to help beat Crewe Alexandra on Tuesday.

David Moyes and the United squad returned from their Far East tour this week and the Scot is expected to hold talks with Nani, as well as wantaway striker Wayne Rooney, regarding his plans for the coming season.

The 26 year old has entered the final year of his contract at United having joined the club from Sporting Lisbon in 2007 and has previously been linked with moves to Juventus and Anzhi Makhachkala.

But Nani, who is seeking a new contract at United, has intimated that he sees his immediate future with the Premier League champions and plans on adding to his seven major trophies won in English football.

"I hope to win the league again and, for my personal wishes, I want to be at my best and score a lot of goals," Nani told MUTV after the 2-0 win over Crewe. "Like I said, I just need to be at my best and then everything will come together.

"It's always nice to get back to work and start training with all the team-mates. Of course, all my team-mates have been in Asia but I have been training with a couple of them and it's nice to feel the grass, feel the atmosphere again and start to prepare for the new season.

"I'd played two friendly games [behind closed doors] already and am preparing well in myself. I hope, when the season starts, I will be at my best to help the team.

"I think there's still a lot of work [to do] but, in one more week, then I will be at my best."

During six years at United, Nani has failed to endear himself to the club's supporters while his influence on the first team was beginning to dwindle under Sir Alex Ferguson - making just seven league starts during the 2012/13 season.

Nani was one of three players alongside captain Nemanja Vidic and winger Antonio Valencia to make their first official pre-season appearance of the summer at Gresty Road following respective injuries.

The trio are likely to be involved in the friendly against AIK Fotboll on 6 August ahead of the Community Shield game against Wigan Athletic and the Premier League opener at Swansea City.

Reserve team coach Warren Joyce says each player is making good progress despite missing the pre-season fixtures.

"I think all three of them worked well," Joyce told MUTV. "While the other boys have been away, they've worked through it and done everything with the younger players.

"They are good examples of how to do things right and I thought all three acquitted themselves very well.

"We've not been careful with Vida really, we've just done what we had to do and put him in situations where he's had to defend under stress in training. I thought he was comfortable out there and we'd planned just to play him that long so, touch wood, he is okay.

"The first-team players started here to work on their fitness and build a level and we're just hoping to get them back to the level where they can join in and be around about the same as the other players and continue in the first-team games."