A new build of Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop) OS update is now live for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphones users, who have subscribed to Verizon's wireless network services in the US.
According to a report in Android Geeks, Verizon-driven Galaxy Note 4 users can check out for the latest OS update build bearing version number N910VVRU2BOF1, which will be available via over-the-air (OTA) and Samsung Kies.
Prior to the newest OS update rollout, Verizon-driven Galaxy Note 4 handsets were seeded an older Android Lollipop firmware build bearing version number N910VVRU1BOAF.
The new Lollipop build also throws hints at Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphones on Verizon receiving the newer Android 5.1.1 in the near future.
Users are therefore advised to check their Galaxy Note 4 handsets regularly for new Lollipop firmware builds.
What's new with the latest Android Lollipop build?
Users should notice all the features of Android 5.0 present in the new OS update, along with minor tweaks, bug fixes and stability/performance enhancements, according to Android Geeks.
New functionality offered by Android 5.0 OS update
- Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by Material Design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Advanced Calling 1.0 feature: Video Calls sub-header and Video Calling option added to Call menu. Advanced Calling menu added to Settings.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- S-Health incorporated: Three opaque widgets added to S Health folder (Coach and two additional pedometer styles).
To download Android 5.0.1 using Samsung Kies, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download Samsung Kies
- Connect your device to a computer using the USB cable. Firmware upgrades are available only when you connect your device via USB
- Launch Samsung Kies. When a new version of the firmware is available, you will see a notification on the Basic information tab
- Click Firmware Upgrade to start the upgrade process
- Follow on-screen prompts, thereon.