The purported Zenfone 3, certified by TENAA has model number Z00EDB, and this smartphone reportedly incorporates high-end technical specifications thus suggesting that the device could be the Asus Zenfone 3.
The purported Zenfone 3 comes with the following key technical specifications:
- 5in display with resolutions of 720 x 1280 pixels, enclosed in Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.2GHz quad-core CP, in a 64-bit SoC
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating platform, out of the box
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- Dual SIM-card support
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage
- 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front snapper
- 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
The Zenfone 3 is rumoured to get a metal outer build. The pricing details of the smartphone have not surfaced at this point in time.
Also, the Zenfone 3, once released, would be available in colour variants such as Black, White, Purple, Blue, Gold and Silver.
The latest purported TENAA certification adds meat to an earlier report about Zenfone 3 that hinted at an advanced Zenfone 2 smartphone variant, the Zenfone3, being released between Q3 and Q4 2015. This handset is highly rumoured to feature the Fingerprint Recognition technology.