Nexus 10 gets a new custom called MMuzzyROM which is based on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) JOP40D firmware. The ROM is reported to bring minor changes to some files and everything seems to be working with no bugs. It features quick settings mod, enhanced Power menu, Power menu screenshot, Play app auto restore and more.
Those interested can install the ROM by checking this tutorial; IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Enable USB debugging option
- Check whether the device has battery charge up to 80 percent
- Make a backup of all your data
- Install the Nexus 10 driver
To install Android 4.2.1 JOP40D based MMuzzyROM on Nexus 10:
- Download MMuzzyROM and Google Apps on computer
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable and copy the zip files to the device's SD card
- Switch device off and enter the Bootloader mode (to do so, press Power to turn the device on, keep pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons)
- Follow the onscreen instructions, choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CWM recovery, perform a data wipe task. Scroll to Flash Zip from SD Card and press the Power button to choose it
- Once again press the Power button and select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select ROM file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps package
- Go to +++++Go Back and choose Reboot System Now to reboot device
The Android 4.2.1-based MMuzzyROM ROM has now been installed on the Nexus 10.
[Source: Team Android]