Nexus 10 users can finally enjoy highly stable build of official CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) nightly ROM, with due credit to the industrious CyanogenMod team. The unofficial nightly builds of CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM were rolled out earlier for the same device. The updated official CM10.1 nightly ROM brings a host of exciting features taken from original AOSP release of Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
NOTE: As this is a nightly release which is still under development, it may harbour a few untested bugs or broken features such as FC errors, boot loops or boot failure. Just reinstall the stock firmware or another stable custom ROM to fix the issue. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if you damage or brick your device during or after firmware installation.
Key Points to Note
- The official CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Nexus 10 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the Nexus tablet by using one of the custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP. Avoid using either Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data backup, as it may permanently damage or brick the device.
- Ensure that the device has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for Nexus 10 on computer (download USB drivers).
- Make sure that the device is rooted with CWM recovery installed.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the official CM10.1 nightly ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Update on Nexus 10 with Official CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM
Step 2 - Connect and mount the Nexus 10 USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the official CM10.1 nightly ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on the tablet's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the tablet. Now, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device boots into Bootloader mode.
Step 6 - Follow the onscreen navigational instructions. Then choose Bootloader option and progress into recovery.
Step 7 - In CWM recovery, perform full-data-wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and hit Power button to select it.
Step 8 - Tap the Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 9 - Use volume keys to navigate to official CM10.1 nightly ROM zip file and choose it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 10 - Once both the CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and tap Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The tablet will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes complete. So, leave it alone.
Android 4.2.1 based official CM10.1 nightly ROM is now successfully installed on your Nexus 10. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]