Owners of Micromax's YU Yuphoria smartphones can finally check out the much-expected CyanogenMod 12.1 OS update officially. The new software upgrade has been confirmed to be ready for use and Yuphoria owners should get to see new automatic OTA notifications.
Micromax founder Rahul Sharma has stated via Twitter that the CyanogenMod 12.1 OS update is currently on a rollout path. Users can check out the new update and let us know the rollout status, in the comments section below.
New enhancements offered by CyanogenMod OS 12.1
YU Yuphoria users can check for new functionality after installation of Cyanogen Mod 12.1 OS update such as:
- Revamped Launcher: App Drawer and Folders are revamped, thereby making these custom-made for one-handed use.
- LiveDisplay: This smart screen feature is claimed to intelligently adjust the smartphone's screen as per current environmental conditions.
- Calendar integrated to email: With this integration, users can easily share their current availability, along with scheduling appointments in a hassle-free manner.
- Update AudioFX: The user interface is claimed to have been updated for consistency across devices.
- Enhanced playback support: Increased codec compatibility for video and audio playback.
Key technical specifications of YU Yuphoria
- 5in display enclosed in Gorilla Glass 3 screen protector
- CyanogenMod 12 OS, based on Android 5.0, straight out of the box
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU within a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 32GB
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2230 mAh Li-Ion battery that is claimed to provide a talktime of up to 7 hours on 3G and a stand-by time of up to 160 hours on 3G.