The XXLQ3 Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware is available for download for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200. The update will be available for users in the UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Spain. The update is said to fix most of the previous bugs and glitches.
Owners who wish to update to the official release can check out the guide below. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- The XXLQ3 firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200)
- Ensure that you installed the required USB drivers for the device
- Enable USB debugging
- Your device should have at least 80 - 85 per cent charge in it
- Backup all your data including APN settings
- Finally, make sure that your device is factory unlocked
How to install XXLQ3 official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200)
- Download Android 4.0.4 P6200XXLQ3 and extract the zip file
- Download ODIN v1.85
- Turn off your tablet to enter in the bootloader mode. Keep holding Volume Down and Power buttons until you see a Samsung logo or the Android robot and a triangle.
- Make sure that you have installed USB drivers of Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus on your PC
- Launch ODIN on your PC and connect your device to the PC when it is in the Download mode
- If one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number it means you have successfully connected the tablet to the PC.
- Choose the file that has to be flashed on your tablet. Perform the following steps:
§ Click on PDA and choose file with CODE in its name
§ Click on tablet and then select file with MODEM in its name
§ Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
§ Click on PIT and select pit.file
- In ODIN, check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. The Re-Partition option can be checked only if you have selected .PIT file
- Tap on the Start button in ODIN. The installation will begin
- On completing the installation, your device will restart. As soon as you see homescreen on your tablet, unplug it from the PC
Your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus has been updated to ICS XXLQ3 firmware. You can check the baseband version by heading to Settings > About tablet