An unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 build based on Android Lollipop v5.1.1 has been released for the OnePlus 2 by recognised XDA developer, Grarak.
As its name suggests, the build is in its beta stage and might not have all the features functioning smoothly. Some forum members, who have successfully ported the beta firmware in the new phone, claim to have a hassle-free flashing experience, although there were a few hiccups here and there.
"Just flashed the ROM and it boots up nicely. Very fast / highly responsive. Looking forward to WiFi & Cell Support," noted a forum member.
- Laser Autofocus
- Notification Slider
- Enforcing selinux
Check out the following guide if you want to try out the unofficial build on your OnePlus 2. Proceed with extreme caution and only if you have fair knowledge about test ROMs. IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Also, note that you should be having a rooted phone with the latest custom recovery installed.
Download: CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM
How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 beta build on OnePlus 2
- How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 beta ROM on OnePlus 2
- Boot your OnePlus 2 into recovery mode
- In recovery mode, create a backup of all data of the phone
- Perform wiping task by Wipe Cache/Data
- In the recovery mode, select Install zip, locate the ROM and confirm installation
- You might flash Gapps (optional)
- After the installation, reboot the phone
After your phone boots up it should be running the latest CM12.1. If you come across any issue with the installation, hit the thread over XDA.