OnePlus One users can now feel relieved as a new Cyanogen OS 12 update with build YNG1TAS2I3 brings the necessary bug-fixes for a spate of issues including touchscreen sensitivity and Bluetooth connectivity problems, besides addressing some intermittent issues with sending MMS texts on the phone's default app.
OnePlus has officially confirmed that almost all the nagging common problems with the OnePlus One has been resolved with this new Cyanogen OS 12 update, whose complete changelog is listed below:
This update provides fixes for the following items:
- Touchscreen sensitivity
- Bluetooth connectivity with several in-car systems
- MMS sending on several carriers
With an estimated file size of just 566MB, the ROM is touted to contain a minor Lollipop update that can be flashed like all regular stock firmware via recovery mode.
Folks at Android Police have clarified that those who are running an earlier Lollipop build YNG1TAS17L can use the smaller incremental OTA zip file (20MB) for installing the latest bug-fixes instead of the full ROM, and thereby save more than 500MB storage space on the phone.
Nevertheless, if the incremental update fails to fix the issue, then you could go ahead and flash the full version ROM.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the Cyanogen OS 12 ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure the OnePlus One is fully charged
- Verify that the phone is running on stock recovery and stock ROM
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to prevent unexpected data loss during the ROM installation
Steps to update Cyanogen OS 12 build YNG1TAS2I3 on OnePlus One using stock recovery
Step 1: Download the official CM12S ROM for OnePlus One "cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip"
Step 2: Copy the downloaded file to the root folder of your phone's internal storage
Step 3: Flashing the OTA via Stock Cyanogen recovery
1. Power off your device
2. Reboot into stock recovery – Press and hold the Power and Volume Down rocker and release them when the OnePlus logo appears on screen
3. Choose Apply Update
4. Select Choose from internal storage
5. Select '0/' which is the internal storage
6. Choose the file "cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip", which you downloaded earlier and let the installation begin. Wait until the ROM is flashed and then you will see the Android Bot.
7. After the installation is over, return to main page and perform 'wipe cache partition'.
8. Then hit Reboot system now
Following the reboot, you will see the new Cyanogen logo and it confirms that your OnePlus One is now running on the new Cyanogen OS 12 Lollipop OS.