After having the device running on stock Cyanogen OS 12 or Oxygen OS, if you want to experience customisation through custom builds, MIUI would serve as a perfect solution. X_s has released an official build of MIUI 6 ROM version 5.5.23 for the OnePlus One.
Advanced users who wish to manually update your OnePlus One head over to our following installation guide.
- Create backup of all data of your OnePlus One using any custom recovery.
- The phone should have above 80% battery charge.
- Bootloader of the device should be unlocked.
- The phone should be rooted with the latest version of CWM/TWRP/PhilZ recovery installed.
- As MIUI ROM is under development, all features might not be completely functional with the installation.
- The MIUI 6 ROM works only with OnePlus One. Using this on any other device could damage it. Therefore, verify model number of your device before proceeding.
- After the installation of the ROM, it is recommended to give 10 minutes to the device for better user experience.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install MIUI 6 version 5.5.23 on OnePlus One
Step-1: Connect your OnePlus One to the PC using USB cable. Without extracting, transfer the downloaded files to the root directory of the phone's internal storage
Step-2: Disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off
Step-3: Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery menu create a backup of the existing ROM
Step-5: Now perform data wiping task. For this, go to main recovery menu, tap Wipe and do a swipe to factory reset
Note: This step will wipe all data of the phone, therefore ensure that you have backed up everything properly.
Step-6: Once the process is completed, return to the main recovery menu, select Install and bowse to the location where you have saved the latest version of MIUI ROM, select it and do a swipe to confirm flashing
Step-7: After the ROM is installed, repeat the same procedure to install Gapps file on your OnePlus One
Step-8: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting System>> Reboot
Your OnePlus One should now be running the latest MIUI 6 OS.