A new version of Validus custom ROM, developed by known custom firmware development community Ground Zero (GZ), is now available for flashing on the original Moto G.
Key features offered by Validus custom ROM:
- Navigation Bar Tweaks (On/Off Toggle and Custom Dimensions)
- Animated Rotation Tile
- Notification Ticker
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Newer animations
- Dark Material based design
- Volume keys wakes the Device
- Answer calls with hardware home button
- Embedded SuperSU
- Ambient Display
- Status Bar clock tweaks (Right, Center Or Hide clock with many other options)
Points to remember before installing Validus custom ROM, by GZ, in Moto X:
- Ensure that your smartphone is rooted prior to flashing custom ROM
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM is applicable only for original Moto G models aka Falcon, bearing model numbers XT1031, XT1032, XT1033 and XT1034 and Google Play Edition (XT1032); other devices might get bricked during flashing
- Installation of Validus custom ROM clears memory in the smartphone, therefore back up all data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP
- USB drivers should be installed on the computer, so that the smartphone is detected
- Ensure that the handset has at least 80% battery charge to avoid bricking the device during installation
How to flash new Validus Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on original Moto G:
IBTimes UK reminds readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to device during or after installation of the custom ROM. Readers are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Validus Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Motorola Moto G (Gen 1) aka Falcon
Step 2: Interface Moto G to the computer, via USB cable
Step 3: Copy and paste Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps file into the phone's SD card memory. It is mandatory to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in other folders
Step 4: Switch off device and disconnect from computer
Step 5: Enter Recovery Mode by press holding Volume (Down) and Power buttons.
Step 6: Post entering Recovery mode, clear phone memory, by selecting wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button for selection, while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7: Clear cache memory by selecting wipe cache partition
Step 8: Return to Recovery mode, select Advanced and choose wipe dalvik cache
This step is optional, but recommended to eliminate boot loops and other errors likely to be encountered during the installation of Validus custom ROM.
Step 9: Navigate to main recovery screen and choose install zip from SD card
Step 10: Select choose zip from sdcard and navigate to Android ROM .zip file in SD card and enter installation process. Repeat the same procedure for installation of Google Apps. Make use of Volume keys to navigate and Power button for selection
Step 11: Once installation process is completed, navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ and re-start smartphone by selecting reboot system now in the recovery menu.
Your Moto G will take at least a few minutes to completely reboot.
Android 5.1.1 Validus custom ROM will be installed in your Moto G. To verify, navigate to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: XDA Developer Forum, martinsube, HereAgain].