Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed it is likely Arsenal target Alvaro Morata will leave the club this summer.
The 21-year-old striker has been relentlessly linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu having failed to impose himself on Ancelotti's first team plans.
Both the Gunners and Serie A champions Juventus have been credited with keen interest in Morata and both clubs could soon open formal negotiations for the Spaniard after his manager confirmed the club will not stand in the way of his pursuit of greater first team opportunities.
"The player wants to look for an opportunity to get more minutes so the club agrees with this," Ancelotti told reporters, AS report.
"If Morata leaves then we have to think about acquiring someone with the same characteristics, a young and talented striker.
"If he is looking for the opportunity to play it would be good for him to have opportunities for a year."
Morata appeared to be on the verge of sealing a move to Turin last week only for Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to strongly deny such suggestions, leaving Wenger's side firmly in the frame to secure his signature.
Perez told Cadena Ser on Wednesday: "I am friends with the Juventus executives and president Andrea Agnelli. But I have not spoken to them regarding Morata, and, honestly, the possibilities that he goes to Turin are zero.
"I will meet the player and we will try to find the best solution for him and for the club."
Arsenal are expected to bring at least one striker to the club over the coming months. Milan striker Mario Balotelli and Loic Remy of Queens Park Rangers are also names reportedly on Wenger's shortlist.