Galaxy Note 2 N7100 finally gets the official Jelly Bean firmware based on XXALJ1 ROM, thanks to the efforts of Android developers. Though the unbranded XXALJ1 firmware is exclusively meant for the United Kingdom, it can be used on any mobile service carrier in UK. Galaxy Note 2 users can now enjoy root access with the latest Android 4.1.1 ROM using ODIN.
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > developer options and then check the USB debugging option. This feature helps in connecting your Android phone with the computer.
- Verify that your phone battery holds at least 85 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown while flashing the ROMs or rooting the Jelly Bean firmware.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, critical data and settings to avoid data loss while rooting your Galaxy Note.
- Ensure that your phone is factory unlocked before proceeding with the rooting procedure.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purposes only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of rooting your device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on XXALJ1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.1 CWM with Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your computer.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to root Android 4.1.1 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together, until the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text pops-up on the screen.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to the computer in Download Mode.
Step 5 - If your phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will indicate yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process is time consuming and should not be interrupted.
Step 7 - Choose the files to be flashed or installed on your phone that are found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click PDA button and choose the file "cwm6-root-note2.tar".
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 - Click Start button in ODIN. The root file installation process will begin, which will take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the root installation is done, your phone will reboot. Disconnect the phone from the computer once the home screen pops up.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is now successfully rooted on XXALJ1 ROM based Jelly bean software update. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify the installation.
[Source: Team Android]