Senior XDA developer Chainfire has released CF-Auto-Root packages for several Samsung smartphones and tablets. The developer also took time to explain the meaning of CF-Auto-Root.
"CF-Root is the root for rooting beginners and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be quickest and easiest way for your first root," he posted.
Root packages are available for all three variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and users looking to root may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held liable for any damage to the device during this procedure. We also warn users to use these files for the correct devices only.
- Ensure download of appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100/P3110/P3113) Using CF-Auto-Root
- Download CF-Auto-Root package and unzip file (Links: P3100, P3110, P3113; for alternative links check out source page)
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch device off and re-start in Download mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power until warning message appears on screen and then press Volume Down)
- Run Odin on computer
- Connect device to computer using USB cable (while in Download Mode) and Odin should detect connection with an ID:COM box turning yellow and a message reading - Added
- (Note: If Odin does not detect device, ensure USB drivers are properly installed)
- In Odin, click PDA, locate CF-Auto-Root and click Start (a successful installation will be followed by aa message from Odin saying - Pass - and an automatic reboot)
- Unplug device from computer (after reboot) when Home screen appears
- (Note: If Odin displays a message reading - Fail - or freezes, close programme, unplug and switch off device. Then remove battery, wait for 15 seconds and re-insert battery. Now reboot into Download mode and try re-installing package)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100/P3110/P3113) has now been successfully rooted.
[Source: Android Egis]