Samsung has recently released Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean firmware for the LTE version of Galaxy S3 (model number I9305). The update brings several new features. Those users, who have already updated their smartphones with the latest software version, may follow the tutorial below to root the same. The method below uses CF-Auto-Root file to root the device.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their phones since the root package works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305.
1) Download and install USB Driver for Samsung GalaxyS3 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode.
[Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Ensure data backup
4) The battery should have at least 40 percent charge
5) Rooting the Galaxy S3 will void manufacturer's warranty.
6) The tutorial below just roots the phone. In order to install custom ROM, users need to flash custom recovery such as CWM recovery.
Steps to root Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy S3 to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip file to get a file with .tar extension
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Turn off the phone and enter into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning message will appear, now press Power button again to continue to enter Download Mode
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will appear under Odin's message box. If the device is successfully connected to the computer, then COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
6) In Odin click the PDA button and select the 'CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file
7) Ensure Auto Reset and F.Resert Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window
8) Double check everything and hit the Start button in Odin to begin installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and soon a Pass message with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin will appear. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA1 Jelly Bean official firmware is now successfully rooted. To ensure the above root method is installed and working properly, verify with Root Checker app which is available for download from Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]