Samsung has rolled out the I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, which is a follow-up release to I9300XXUGML2 that was released just a few days ago for the international variant of Galaxy S3.
The new I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 official firmware is now available over Samsung KIES as well as via Over-The-Air (OTA) update. Those who have already installed this firmware can root the same in simple steps using CF-Root package with Odin flash tool.
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: January 2014
CF-Root package includes the following software:
- SuperSU v0.93
- ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery v5.5
- CWM Manager v3.60
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after root installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure your phone is already running the latest Android 4.3 build I9300XXUGMK7 firmware before flashing this root package. This root package works only with the international variant of Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300). Verify the device model number from Settings > About Phone.
- Take a backup of important data and settings on the phone via stock recovery to prevent data loss during root installation.
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 USB drivers)
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabledon the phone, by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (NOTE: Tap the device's Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Optionsunder Settings.) Then select the checkbox to enable USB debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked a specific carrier.
Steps to Root I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 Latest Firmware on Galaxy S3
Step 1 - Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip for Galaxy S3 on the computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.09 which is required to root the latest Android 4.3 firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Step 3 - Switch OFF the phone and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap Power button until the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen. Hit the Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect the phone to it while the phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 – When the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This process may take some time. So, leave it alone.
Step 6 - Now select the root package file that you have to flash/install on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on 'PDA' and select the file CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Leave all other options at their default settings.
Step 8 - Now click Start button in ODIN and let the root installation process begin. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the installation is done, your phone will automatically restart. When the home screen appears, just disconnect the phone from computer.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is now successfully rooted on Android 4.3 I9300XXUGMK7 official firmware. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify the root installation.
[Source: Team Android]