Galaxy S2 I9100 gets its first official test firmware leaked online, as the users still await the release of Android 4.1.2 official Jelly Bean update from Samsung. S2 users can now easily root their device on the latest official XXLSJ Jelly Bean firmware using the SiyahKernel v4.0 custom Kernel.
Key Points to Note
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Galaxy S2 to enable connectivity with the computer.Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while rooting the XXLSJ firmware update.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while rooting the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked before proceeding with the XXLSJ firmware rooting procedure.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of rooting the XXLSJ firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Root XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Official Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100
Step 1 - Download SiyahKernel Root I9100XXLSJ for Galaxy S2 on your computer and extract the zip file to the desktop.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to root Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button until you see the construction Android robot icon with a triangle. Hit the Power button again to progress into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - If your phone conencts successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will indicate yellow along with the corresponding COM port number. This process may be time-consuming.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the PDA button and choose the file 'Siyah-s2-v4.0.1.tar'.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 8 - Click the Start button in ODIN and the ROM installation process will begin. It will take a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the home screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now rooted on Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ official firmware update. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to confirm if the rooting process is successful.
Check out the step-by-step guide to install Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ official firmware on your Galaxy S2 (if not already installed), which is posted here.
[Source: Team Android]