Renowned iOS hacked and developer, Ryan Petrich has released an updated version of the Activator jailbreak tweak publicly, after it went through beta versions. Activator allows assigning various actions that are called in response to the trigger including a gesture, tap on a specific area, the press of a button and change of charging state and other options. This is important, as there are many tweaks in Cydia that depend on it to function properly.
Bearing version 1.9.6, the significant feature of this release is the support for iOS 9. Apart from this, it adds support for shortcut actions in iOS 9. This allows using an Activator gesture to invoke a 3D touch shortcut for the app on an iPhone. Following is the detailed changelog for v1.9.6:
- Supports iOS 9
- Adds support for shortcut actions on iOS 9
- Adds custom 3D Touch icon events on compatible 3D Touch devices
- Supports multi-touch events on iOS 9
- Fixes case open/close events being sapped on iOS 8+
- Fixes black statusbar as app is launching on iOS 8+
- Adds system power down view action
- Adjusts naming of custom actions/events to Build
- Adds launch playing app action
- Only remedy corrupt Today/Tomorrow notification settings upon install
- Updates Localization
If you haven't got the latest Activator version, head over to Ryan Petrich's repo in Cydia. To add the new version open Cydia >> tap on Sources tab >> tap on Edit on the top left side of the screen then tap on Add at the right.
You will get an alert with a URL field. Enter http://rpetri.ch/repo and tap on Add Source. Cydia will add repo and pull out the updated version package from this repo. You may now look for Activator tweak from the Search tab and install it. Head over to Cydia to know more about the latest release.