Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830) users can now update their smartphone with the latest TouchWiz 5.0 firmware that brings the power of Samsung Galaxy S3 looks and Touch Wiz 5.0 theme. The features of the CyanogenMod 7.2 Galaxy S3 styled include Galaxy S3 theme, fonts, system sounds, boot animation, clock and weather widget, wallpaper chooser and Modified Holo launcher.
Those interested can check out this tutorial to update Galaxy Ace with the new TouchWiz 5.0 firmware. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure the device is rooted
- Ensure all the data is backed up
- Enable USB debugging by browsing to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
To update Galaxy Ace with the new firmware:
- Download the CM7.2 - S3 MOD v2 package to the computer. Once downloaded, connect the device to computer and copy the zip file to your device
- Disconnect the device from the computer
- Download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play store and install the same. Now, open the same and choose the Reboot in Recovery Mode option. You may also manually enter the device in recovery mode by pressing and holding the Menu button and the turn the device on
- In recovery mode, choose Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card. Select the package file. Once chosen, it would take about five minutes to apply the update
You have successfully updated your Galaxy Ace with the new CM 7.2 - S3 MOD v2 package.
Note: In case your device does not turn on or enter the boot loop mode, then you need to re-insert the battery and repeat the update process.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]