The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge will be released in Germany following popular approval.
Samsung had asked people/prospective buyers to cast at least 120,210 votes through social media channels, to pave the way for the release of the smartphone in Germany.
According to the official Samsung Germany webpage, 146,698 votes have been cast (before the 10 November deadline).
Samsung has also announced that a "limited edition" premium variant of the Galaxy Note Edge will be sold in Germany.
The device will be sold only till 31 December, 2014.
After this, the conventional (global) version of the Galaxy Note Edge will be available for purchase.
The Note Edge, including the premium edition, will be available in forest white and charcoal black colours.
Key hardware aspects:
- 5.6in Quad+ HD Super AMOLED touchscreen
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system; out of the box
- 2.7GHz quad-core processor
- 16MP auto focus rear camera, and a 3.7MP front snapper
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 128GB
- Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, Wi-Fi and USB 2.0 connectivity
- 3,000 mAh Li-Ion battery
S-Pen optimised features:
- Air Command
- Action Memo
- Screen Write
- Image Clip
- Smart Select
- S Note
- Photo Note
- Direct Pen Input
- S Health 3.5
- Dynamic Lock Screen
- Multi Window
- Ultra Power Saving Mode
- Edge Screen - Revolving Interaction, Side Controls (Camera, Video, S Note),
Ticker board, Express me, Quick Tools, Night Clock